Department: Creative Development
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Works With: Well…Everybody
Location: United States
WHO WE ARE
We are The Mayda Creative Co., a creative studio applying diverse expertise to content production, design and technology. United by design-thinking, we blend strategy, artistry, and production to move our clients in advertising, entertainment and technology forward. We ideate, develop, and create across three areas of focus: Commercials & Branded Content, Activations & Experiences, and Entertainment & IP.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
- Team Players - You’re collaborative, positive, proactive, and have a solution-oriented mentality.
- Self Starters - You take ownership and initiative. You are energized working in an entrepreneurial environment that provides a lot of freedom to learn, grow and try new things.
- Curious Souls - You’re inspired by innovation, emerging trends and seeking out the new. You ask lots of questions and challenge conventions.
- Champions for Diversity - You come as yourself and respect others. You’re inspired to be part of building a culture and community that is inclusive and supportive; always.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Junior Designer, you will be working across various platforms, presentations and brand collateral. You are instrumental in conveying winning ideas to our clients. Be it through writing, ideation, or image manipulation - you understand how to interpret ideas into successful concepts. A natural creative, you thrive when visually bringing those concepts to life, and can produce high quality content across a wide spectrum of styles and briefs. You have a keen eye for design and can communicate effectively - animation skills are a plus, but not required.
As a member of our Creative Development department, you will be working alongside our extended team of directors, filmmakers, art directors, designers, technologists, photographers, and writers; a like-minded collective of creative minds who are inspired to produce a diverse range of groundbreaking work across advertising, technology and entertainment.
In short, you are a…
- Maker - you can design, create, and enhance treatment decks, social content, styleframes, and other collateral.
- Storyteller @ Heart - you love a good story and thrive when bringing any narrative to life.
- Proficient Designer - you understand the importance of effective design, layout and typography.
- Smooth Talker - you successfully communicate your thoughts and respond to feedback positively.
- Visual Person - you have great visual references and are able to pull imagery that compliments the brief.
- 1-2+ years of experience as a treatment designer, or are a recent graduate from a design program.
- Superior verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Skilled in typography and layout.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Adobe, and Google applications and are also interested in learning new software and tools as they become available.
- Comfortable managing through influence and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing company environment.
CULTURE & BENEFITS
You join our team. We join yours. At Mayda, we are committed to supporting you, your well-being, and your development. You’ll love working at Mayda because:
- We value you. We care about our people. From providing great benefits (including healthcare insurance; 401k contributions, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts and more) to career planning and continual learning and development opportunities, we’re committed to investing in our talent.
- We value flexibility. We’re much more interested in the work you do than the hours and places you do it in. We offer the flexibility and trust for you to decide where you can be at your best, and provide the connected platforms and physical spaces to be together when needed.
- We value family. It’s no joke bringing a new human into this world and providing the continued parental support your family needs. We provide generous parental leave to new parents, and offer five annual paid personal days to everyone, so you have the flexibility to care for yourself and your family.
- We value time-out. We appreciate the value in disconnecting. Whether it’s a high-energy white water rafting trip or a relaxed staycation (and everything in between), we encourage everyone at Mayda to switch off and enjoy their well-earned vacation days.
- We value community. We recognize the need to spend time giving back. So we provide five annual paid ‘for good’ days for you to invest in a charity, cause or movement close to your heart. All we ask is everyone shares their experience on their return so collectively we can grow and learn from each other.
- We value ideas. We’re just getting started and we have bold aspirations. As we grow, we grow together and we’re creating an environment that encourages everyone to share ideas which enrich our culture and expand our benefits.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
At Mayda, we celebrate what makes us different and are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We take pride in providing equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Interested? Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org