Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing & PR
Works With: Well…Everybody
Location: New York / London
WHO WE ARE
We are The Mayda Creative Co., a creative collective applying diverse expertise to content production, design, and technology. United by design thinking, we blend strategy, artistry, and production to move our clients forward in advertising, entertainment, and technology. We ideate, develop, and create across three areas of focus: Branded Content, Creative Technology,, and Entertainment + IP.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
- Team Players - You’re collaborative, positive, proactive, and have a solution-oriented mentality.
- Self Starters - You take ownership and initiative. You are energized working in an entrepreneurial environment that provides a lot of freedom to learn, grow, and try new things.
- Curious Souls - You’re inspired by innovation, emerging trends, and seeking out the new. You ask lots of questions and challenge conventions.
- Champions for Diversity - You come as yourself and respect others. You’re inspired to be part of building a culture and community that is inclusive and supportive; always.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As our Social Media Manager, you will manage all aspects of our online presence, responsible for shaping, curating, and managing all content across our social media platforms. This will require a blend of creativity, strategic thinking, and a deep understanding of current social media trends and analytics. You will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with our brand vision, increases our online presence, and grows our audience size and engagement.
Day to day you will lead the creation of compelling content, schedule posts, engage with our community, and analyze the effectiveness of each social campaign and channel we use. You'll be responsible for managing Mayda’'s image on existing platforms, and identifying emerging platforms relevant to showcasing Mayda and our work, and extending our audience reach.. The role requires a keen eye for detail, an ability to adapt to different brand voices, a knack for storytelling to captivate our community. Finally, you will be an expert in understanding each social media platform, its nuances and feature sets, and how best to leverage these to build the Mayda brand.
In short, you are a….
- Storyteller @ Heart - You love a good story and have an enthusiasm for crafting compelling content around innovative and creative companies, to drive growth for our company and clients.
- Trend Anticipator - You are in tune with communication trends around the industry/world and are able to translate that into thoughtful suggestions as they relate to Mayda’s target audience.
- Social Media Mastermind - You’re fully versed in the Social Media landscape (tools and best practices) and can utilize various social data toolsets to understand effective content.
- Appreciator of Design - You understand the importance of effective design, layout and typography across the platforms you will work in.
- Brand Ambassador. You see everything you do as an opportunity to enhance our brand, reach new audiences, build community, and ensure Mayda is making a positive contribution in the world.
- 2+ years of social media marketing experience
- Superior verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Social Media for a company, driving audience engagement. Particularly experienced in creating content for LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experienced and proficient in project management and multitasking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites, Adobe and Google applications and are also interested in learning new software and tools as they become available.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing company environment.
CULTURE & BENEFITS
You join our team. We join yours. At Mayda, we are committed to supporting you, your well-being, and your development. You’ll love working at Mayda because:
- We value you. We care about our people. From providing great benefits (including healthcare insurance; 401k contributions, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts and more) to career planning and continual learning and development opportunities, we’re committed to investing in our talent.
- We value flexibility. We’re much more interested in the work you do than the hours and places you do it in. We offer the flexibility and trust for you to decide where you can be at your best, and provide the connected platforms and physical spaces to be together when needed.
- We value family. It’s no joke bringing a new human into this world and providing the continued parental support your family needs. We provide generous parental leave to new parents, and offer five annual paid personal days to everyone, so you have the flexibility to care for yourself and your family.
- We value time-out. We appreciate the value in disconnecting. Whether it’s a high-energy white water rafting trip or a relaxed staycation (and everything in between), we encourage everyone at Mayda to switch off and enjoy their well-earned vacation days.
- We value community. We recognize the need to spend time giving back. So we provide five annual paid ‘for good’ days for you to invest in a charity, cause or movement close to your heart. All we ask is everyone shares their experience on their return so collectively we can grow and learn from each other.
- We value ideas. We’re just getting started and we have bold aspirations. As we grow, we grow together and we’re creating an environment that encourages everyone to share ideas which enrich our culture and expand our benefits.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
At Mayda, we celebrate what makes us different and are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We take pride in providing equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.